Center console insert around shifter needed

My center console has seen better days and the thin plastic chrome is broken. Does anyone have a black one from a 1975 or so Series II sedan they would be willing to sell?

David,

On my XJS, I used small vacuum hose ran thru a homemade sliter to slice it down its length and then glued around the edge.

Yes but which type is it? One was one-piece and the other had a separate press-in panel with the window switches.

PeterCrespin

1d

Yes but which type is it? One was one-piece and the other had a separate press-in panel with the window switches.

Mine is the two piece insert with the separate panel for the window switches. I only need the thin chrome strip.

I’ve not seen them, but then have not looked, but at one time strips of a chrome like material were sold to place on door edges to protect the paint from chipping and possibly the doors of park mates.

I came across a “tape”. Actually thin silver colored alloy as a flashing. Glue on the back side. A strip of that might look decent…

Carl

I have considered the door guard edging and actually ordered a length, however it is too large and looks clunky. Thanks for the suggestion, anyway. I’ll keep looking for an original one. After all if I want a 100 point car, I might as well do it right.