Central lock problem 1990 XJ40

Hello!

Im having a problem with my 1990 XJ40 (RHD-model) central locking system. The passengers side front door does not obey the drivers doors lock, so when all the doors are locked and I open the drivers door lock with key, all other doors open but passengers door does not. After that when I try to lock the doors again, none of them locks (I guess because the front doors). I did a test and unconnected the passenger side front door lock and then the locking system works normally. So am i right that the problem is that the passenger side front door lock does not get the signal from drivers door to open? (does anyone know whichs wire should open the lock?)

Also the fuel filler lock is locked all the time, does not open with central lock. I will first try to change that 1A fuse from there, if the problem would be that.

The car have had some kind of alarmsystem but it has been deactivated, though there was still some kind of box connected to door lock module.

John/Jon - hopefully this wiring diagram will be of help:

Door Locks.pdf (56.9 KB)

Thank You! So i would think that purple/orange wire is the one which opens the lock and purple/pink activates the lock.

Yes sir, that is the way I read it. The purple/orange carries the signal (voltage) from the unlock relay and the purple/pink from the lock relay.

Jon, here is a link to a post in the archives that may be helpful as you sort out your locking issues:

[xj40] Door Lock Actuator?

1 Like