Central locking electric problem

sent the same pic by mistake

Found it

The empty slot is cosest to the passenger door

friends … it’s terrifying! the module does not work, but the most absurd thing is that the old owner bypassed it with a relay for Thema Ferrari to which he connected 5 wires … two remained in the old module and for this I thought it was working. now on ebay I found a working module and I’ll try to reconnect the wires to this hoping something works. the old module had a track in the printed circuit totally burnt out so a short circuit must have happened, he warmed up! we hope it does not happen again … now it remains to understand what the two wires left on the original form are for?consider that with this relay the doors close regularly, the panic button on the dashboard lifts all the windows and closes the roof, the key in the passenger lock lifts all the windows … nothing else happens!

The relè Is this

Max …

The way my auto door lock system works is …

The first push of the remote closes and locks everything (accompanied by a quick beep of the security horn and a flash of the parking lights)

The second push of the remote if done within a few seconds arms the security system (accompanied by another quick beep of the security horn and the headlights come on for about 20 seconds)

The third push of the remote unlocks the doors, trunk, and fuel door (accompanied by a quick beep of the security horn and a flash of the parking lights)

I believe your '87 may be similar to my '89 so hope that may help.

Hi grooveman, was the security system an option on your 89? I don’t think I have one on mine.

David …

You know what I think, it was. My car was 2 years old when I purchased it and I remember now that I did have the Jaguar dealer install it.

1 Like

Exactly in my Daimler '87 there isn’t all this…

we put new original module and now works again.

Hello there. I also have a locking/alarm problem. When I push the “arm” button on the fob, it all sets up, but the doors don’t lock. Its seems like the power locks are inoperable. Is there a separate fuse for the locks? Thank you.
Cj Murray.

Fuse A5 (15 amp) in the right side fuse panel is for the central locking. Do you have the blown fuse warning symbol (lightning bolt) on your instrument panel?

1 Like

Yes, I sure do, I thought it was because of a burnt out bulb. It also says fuse one, so I guess that’s the problem. I’ll check later and let you know.
It was working fine until I sent my girlfriend out to unlock it, and all hell broke loose!!! Lol!
Thank you,
Cj.

In case you are unaware Fuse 1 simple informs you which of the fuse boxes the offending fuse is hiding, I can never remember which is which but it is one of the ones in the foot well.

So the locking fuse was blown. I replaced it and the locks still don’t work. Considering they used to work, I think the relay must have gone. Can anyone tell me where I would find it? Thank you.

On your '94(?) Relay Module G with 20-way blue connector under the glove box under the dash.

It’s a Sovereign, not a VDP, so no glove box. Probably have to remove that panel.

CJ, the '94 models received a passenger side airbag - er, Supplemental Restraint System - in lieu of the glove box. And yes, the under-dash panel has to come off. No big deal, three screws (IIRC) and some fir tree fasteners is all that stands between you and Jaguar relay module heaven. You can open the relay module and manually manipulate the relay to determine whether it is a duff relay or a bad solder joint (smart money is on the latter).

Thank you. I think what happened was the module screwed up and blew the fuse. I’ll set to work on it in a day or two and post progress.

Bear in mind failed solder joints are not uncommon with these modules and sometimes reflowing the joints (heating them until the solder melts and reflows) is all it takes to bring them back to life.