Challenger E type

A very good day to everyone. I came across this site recently as I trawl my way through the internet, researching build information on my two replicas.

My first build is a Challenger E type - not a full build exactly but more of a refurbishment and upgrade to an originally very well assembled factory built example. I am trying to replicate a very early OBL car, as per ‘77 RW’, a car I always admired and was familiar with for a short time.

My other project which I started last year is a take on one of Jaguar’s other road going track cars which I’d better not mention here, in case I incur the wrath of the current JLR board, who have just won a case in their favour concerning replica C types! Needless to say, I now refer to my new build as an HCR ( Heritage Cars Replicas) Special! It will, however, use parts from a 2001 rusty wreck of an AWD 3.0 X type. I’m a keen re-cycler! The chassis is to my own design and the aluminium body will be processed by me - I may not finish it before I ‘pop my clogs’ but it will keep me out of mischief and get me up in the morning during these terrible lock downs.

My daily, car #3, is my beloved X type XS which will stay with me to the grave!

Here are some pics. of the Challenger and the interior that I’m currently in the process of trying to get completed. These cars are totally underrated and sometimes berated by some in the Jaguar community which is a shame.

Stay safe everyone.
VJ.

3 Likes

JLR won’t be knocking on your door about your C-Type Anthony!

They’d get short shift from me, if they did that anyway, Peter as I don’t own a ‘C’ type replica and approval was given by them years ago for the production of the Challengers, as long as they weren’t marketed as Jaguars. I don’t think they’ve done themselves any favours over this fiasco but I understand more their situation having read their press release this afternoon. There are always two sides to a story and their statements confirm this. I just think it has all been handled very badly by them and I also think it has done a lot of damage to their standing within the general Jaguar community.

I will continue with my alloy bodied ‘special’ based on my old ‘X’ type for my own use as I had originally planned anyway and continue enjoying both my creations when the time is right to do so.

1 Like

I thought you were making a ‘C-Type-ish’ car out of the X when you wrote “My other project which I started last year is a take on one of Jaguar’s other road going track cars which I’d better not mention here, in case I incur the wrath of the current JLR board,”

Well, it will now be a combination of different features from the track / road cars of the '50’s but to my own design, for my own use and probably used as a track car only but I might try to meet the IVA standards if I can. My main concern is to get my Challenger reasonably complete this year before I get to decrepit to drive it! Apologies for the confusion.

Sounds interesting!..,