Charles Bishop - Where are You?

Has anyone heard from our most prolific EMailer - Charles Bishop? I haven’t heard from him since this website was upgraded. Pat H.

I corresponded with him a couple of times once the new site went live. >From what he told me I don’t think he likes the format of the new site very much but it may be that he dips in and reads the posts from time to time.

Eric

Shropshire, UK

I for one, don’t understand the changes but I surely miss his informative contributions to this site.

I communicate direct with Charles.
He simply doesn’t like the new site and cant be bothered learning all the nuances associated.
And same applies with several other of the valuable contributors on the old site/forum, that I also still communicate with directly.

Got to say - a common reaction to ever evolving/ever-complicated electronic communication/forums - as the years progress, you get to stage of cant be bothered learning/keeping up with the latest and greatest.

On the other hand, we currently have a postal-vote style referendum underway in Australia, and there was a quite vitriolic opposition, indeed two High Court challenges to the postal-vote going ahead (they lost), but one of the claims was that the younger registered voters, didn’t know what a letter and a post-box was, so how could they possibly respond to receiving MAIL, and then actually having to Post-back their vote via a Post-Box/Office! A sad reflection of where we are heading - Its an age issue.

Roger