Chassis dimensions (again)?

I’m trying to assess my stripped chassis for accident damage. There’s nothing visible, apart from one ARB mount having been torn forwards (impact whilst reversing??) and zero rust, but the large number of shims used at all wishbone fulcrum mounts and packed behind the upper swivel balljoint on both sides has me worried.
I have Terry’s really useful 120 drawing which he kindly posted recently, but unfortunately any 140 drawings I can find have illegible dimensions on them. Are all the major points on the 120 the same as 140, or should I just compare sides in the absence of dimensions?
Thanks
Roger

On my recently acquired xk150 the upper fulcrum on the left side had a LOT of additional non-factory shims added (easy to identify by rough edges). I too wondered about frame damage but couldn’t see any evidence. I finally figured out that the DPO (or his agent) had added them to make up for worn out lower wishbone metalastic bushings, when I replaced the bushings and tried to get the camber back to spec I found I had to remove all the added shims to get it right again. IMHO just checking the frame for squareness side to side and across corners is more important than the actual dimensions, of course it’s important to be “flat” and that’s a bit more difficult to check. My 2 cents!

Simple why doesn’t somebody write to Jaguar Daimler Heritage trust and request a copy of the XK140 chassis drawing?
Jaguar Heritage Trust Archive
British Motor Museum
Banbury Road
Gaydon
Warwickshire CV35 0BJ
jshortl1@jaguarlandrover.com

Terry, one of the managers at JDHT is a very good friend who I have known for years. Last year he suggested that I contact the archive department to ask for a copy of the RHD brake pedal drawing, which I did. They responded, telling me they didn’t hold factory drawings and that I should try JLR. I duly did this, but was told they do not release this information due to intellectual property considerations.
So, no go - all the chassis replica manufacturers will probably have reverse-engineered an original chassis.

I think that’s spot on Graham, and is the path I shall follow.