Check Arm Repair

I don’t see any reason why you couldn’t except that doors that won’t stay open would be quite annoying. You could try just filing down the shoulder if the cam to an angle where it slides more easily. You might have to shorten the one fixing screw a bit also. Disclaimer- I have not tried this myself.

Along those lines, I could also 3d print a less aggressive cam, just enough to keep the door open.

Rick

Interesting, it looks like the switch to nylon blocks happened when they were still factory run parts.

What’s the objection to lube?

There is a special lube available for car door latches; it’d probably work here, too. It’s called Door-Ease. It looks like a fat crayon. It’s some sort of wax stick, you can peel the label back as you use it. Its primary claim to fame is that it’s non-staining, won’t ruin your clothes if you bump into it. It’s absolutely great stuff, I used to use it to lube my bicycle chain, heating it to get it to soak in.

No objection at all, after its painted. Prior to that we don’t want any chance of lube being blown around during the spray painting process.

Rick

That is true: I got many from the dealer with nylon. It works fine.

1 Like

The fixed part of the hinge that rides on the cam is a roller. I would think that if the roller is free and properly lubed, you wouldn’t need to lube the cam.

Thanks, I’ll check that out on my next visit to the car,

Rick