Classified error message

Error message “Please type in a price for your ad” Nothing I do will get past this. A dozen attempts but no joy.

Is there a secret handshake I need to get this to work?

Joe H

I don’t know exactly what you’re trying to do, but I suspect it’s the use of, (or lack of) the $ sign in the price field that’s causing a problem …that, or some other illegal character (!@#£%^&*) perhaps?

Here’s ascreen shot of the post, no amount of fiddling with the price line makes any difference.

Joe H

Joe,

That field only accepts a number, it adds the currency (only $) automatically. Just type 100 into the field and you’re in like a dirty shirt.

Nailed it!

(rule #1 of interface design)

If there’s a possibility for the user to enter something other than the legal field value, they will, and you’ll get a support call.

The first year one of my programs was out there in the wild, I allowed users to enter values …lots of issues in support dept every month …redesigned interface replacing input boxes with sliders and label displays …no support calls for the next 10 years!! :grin:

1 Like

The $ sign was the problem, seems like it should be there but not so.
The error message just said put in a price, I kept putting in the same thing.
After 20 years of Windows I’m used to doing the same thing over & over and then somehow magically it works.

Thanks for your help, need a bumper?

Joe H

1 Like

I’m ok for bumpers. An 8" brake servo for a late S-type, or a large assortment of small NF machine screws otoh…