Clear Front Indicator Lenses

I saw a picture of a near restored U.S. Mk2 and noted the clear indicator lenses, and how much of a ‘cleaner’ appearance the front of the car had. I am tempted, and our car already has amber LED lamps so a clear lens not an issue, but the UK usual suspects want silly money. I wondered if any Jag-Lovers might have a pair (new or used) ‘L563 Lucas lenses – clear’ they could sell/send to me at reasonable cost? I am in the UK. Pictures of our car with amber lenses, and the restoration with clear lenses. Jag%20amber%20lenses|690x460

XKs Unlimited has both amber and clear.
https://xks.com/i-7083169-jaguar-lens-rim-clear-mk-ii-xk-140-xk-150-lu-575298.html?ref=category:1207337

Thanks Rob,

Yes I can get them from the usual suppliers but at a high price - XK’s with shipping and import taxes would total around $200. A UK supplier total around GBP110.00 ($140). I have found a single lens from each of two separate ebay sellers in the US, described (and appear to be genuine) NOS - Allegedly the total came to around $80 - we’ll see what happens when the Great British Royal Mail gets involved…

Cheers,

JCC

When I purchased my 1967 Mark 2 the PO had replaced the lenses with a pair of hideous hand cut pieces from a honeycomb pattern glass. I went to one of the usual suppliers’ sites and learned the US lenses were clear while other countries’ lenses were amber. I went with amber because I felt they looked better with the factory ‘honey beige’ color of the car. That being said, if my car had been silver, I would have preferred clear lenses as well.

I agree that clear looks nice on the front…but amber on back. US versions had clear on front but red on back. At some point I’ll be sourcing ambers for the rear.

I recall my father had to purchase amber lenses aas the clear ones did not meet safety requirements back in the day. I still have the clear ones on a shelf for safe (not for sale) keeping.