Clutch options Mk2 3.4

I am looking at a choice of clutches for my Mk2 (ex 240) now going to be fitted with an XJ6 3.4 engine, I will be using the 240 flywheel but need a larger diaphragm 9.5" clutch, I have seen 9.5" clutches from a 420 quite a bit cheaper than the same clutch for a 3.4 or 3.8, I can only see benefits from a stronger 4.2 clutch, any thoughts? any fitment issues known? I am assuming stronger diaphragm and cush springs,

Jaguar went to diaphragm 9.5 inch clutches and the "long " slave cylinder about the time E Types went to 4.2 engines, in model year 1965. My 1965 (November 1964 build) 3.8S with the full synchro gearbox with compact overdrive came from the factory with a 10 inch spring type. On a recent major overhaul I had the shop upgrade to the diaphragm 9.5 inch unit. It turned out that the flywheel was drilled for both types. Diaphragm types are supposed to take less effort to operate but truthfully I do not see much difference They used an NOS Borg & Beck unit which seems to be working fine…

A lot of the part’s are interchangeable , I had my old 240 fully synchro gearbox , bolted on to a old 3.4 engine , using the flywheel and clutch from the 240 .
I picked up a 3.8 block years back £150 , that had a flywheel and clutch bolted on the back .
Turned out the flywheel in a E-type factory lightened one , that now is bolted on the back of my 3.4 XJ6 Engine along with the clutch that come with it , and the 240 synchro gearbox , and a compact overdrive .
To finish the drive train off I fitted a 3.54 L.S.D from a MK2 3.8 Auto .
Note the Tacho drive on the back of the XJ6 Engine , where there is a will :wink:
20170421_150638