Clutch Slave Cylinder

John, I thought I remember you writing about that, but I thought you forced it down from the master to the slave? But if you did do bottom-up, how did it work for you?
Tom

I thought it worked fine. I had already tried to bleed the system by enlisting the boss to pump the pedal. I still wasn’t happy so I tried it from below. It worked well; pedal felt better. I JB welded the tube to the end of the syringe and it was a tight fit over the bleed nipple.

The syringes are easy to find and useful for a variety of uses around the garage. Any farm and ranch supply store like Tractor Supply, Atwoods, Blains, etc will carry them. .

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/producers-pride-luer-slip-syringe-60cc-capacity-pack-of-2?cm_vc=-10005

1 Like

It really is odd the way that there is such a wide range of experience bleeding the clutch system. I just open the bleeder with a pipe on it to a jam jar, top up the reservoir and take a short nap. When I wake up, close the bleeder, and I have a hard pedal.

Just goes to show, a good nap cures a lot of ills.

1 Like

I guess there’s more than one way to bleed a cat. :grin:

2 Likes

All but the nap, tgat’s what Ive done, with virtually all cars.

The double masters, like on my Rover and later E Type, were not as amenable to the technique.

You mean I poulled the engine for no reason:exploding_head: