Clutch stop bracket

(Jim XK140 FHC) #1

This is the stop bracket off LHD FHC
It there a picture / dimensions of a RHD version ?
Thanks

(XK-SS) #2

Looks mouse to me, clutch stops are welded to the frame.

(Jim XK140 FHC) #3

I don’t think so , I believe they are part numbers
C7812 LHD
C7508 RHD
My (LHD) bolt is off set away from the gearbox , in Viarts book the RHD bolt looks inline with the gearbox bolts .

(Rob Reilly) #4

Its item 8 on here.
Would the offset on LHD be because item 29 is offset but is used on both RHD and LHD?

(Jim XK140 FHC) #5

That seems to explain it . I haven’t yet worked out which different bits I need to convert to RHD

(XK-SS) #6

My mistake, XK120 has stops welded to frame.
See XK140 stops at SNG Barratt PG 65

(Roger King) #7

Tried to find this on SNG’s website, no luck - just ‘unavailable NLA’ and no pictures.

(Rob Reilly) #8

Go to catalogues, XK140, Download digital copy, English, click the download icon in the upper right corner, Open with Adobe Acrobat. You can save it to your computer.

(Roger King) #9

Thanks Rob, found it.

(Gary Grant) #10

Great topic. So good that I decided to take a look at my ‘56, and I ended up finding that it has no clutch stop bracket. Must have gotten lost along the way.
Looks like I should be able to make one up ok, but is it correct that there is a nut welded on one end of the bracket ?
Anyone know the thread size and length of the nuts and adjusting bolt? Would it be a Bees bolt?
Also, would the bracket be around .140” thickness, like the engine mount brackets?
Thanks in advance for any dimensions.

No wonder my ankle ends up being held flexed backwards way too much when trying to not ride the clutch.
Mickey…

(Jim XK140 FHC) #11

Here you go, in mm I’m afraid. Note… The two gearbox bolts should be longer 3 3/8"

(Gary Grant) #12

Hey Jim,
Thanks a bunch for the diagram and dimensions. Exactly what I need. My ankle will hopefully benefit from this.

Don’t worry, I’m in Canada, which has converted over to the ‘metric system’ of measurement way back in the 1970s, but the regular Imperial system of units didn’t go away and is used as well. Back in those days Canadian industry still had some manufacturing capability, and factories couldn’t afford to replace existing Imperial dimensioned machinery.

(Roger King) #13

Well, you can have a third of a foot, but there’s no nice and neat third of a metre…