Cold Start Thermotime Switch

My '89 Series III V12 has had its thermostat housing changed at some point for an earlier one.

This means there is an unused thermotime switch. I’d like to replace it with a temperature sender linked to a separate monitoring computer I’m building, but despite extensive searching I can’t find out what the thread is and hence get an appropriate sensor!

I’d appreciate it if anyone knew, or if someone has a proper thread gauge they could measure it with that would be really helpful!

Karl

take it out, take it to a big box store like Lowes or Home Depot, or an Ace Hardware. They have a thread gauge usually mounted next to their nuts and bolts section. After you think you found a match, then get a nut that size and see if it will thread onto the threaded portion of the switch easily - - at least thread the entire nut onto the threaded section. To verify a good fit . Then you can have confidence that you have determined the correct threading used on the switch, and ergo the hole you want to screw into

If nothing seems to match, the thread is probably BSP or Whitworth!

Why, oh why, did they do this to us ?

BSP, BSPP, BSSPI, BSPF, BSPG, PS, R, GBSPT, BSPTr, PT, KR, Rc…!

I’m almost certain it’s going to be something a smaller diameter BSP… Seems to be common to a Ferrari 308 as well so might try there, can find lots of descriptions but no detail on what the actual thread is!

I’ll keep hunting!