Colour schemes for '39 / '40 Olive green

Does anyone know a modern equivalent of Olive Green from the ‘1939 Range of Colour schemes and upholstery’
Alan Crouch’s book SS & Jaguar Cars shows the 1940 SS saloon rego BUT7. This appears to be Olive green. Does anyone have the contact details of the owner of that car or knows how I could reproduce this colour?
Regards, Jordy
40 SS saloon

Hi all.
I would dearly like to beg borrow steal or buy a '39 colour chart to reproduce Olive green 2599.
A modern paint shop can scan the colour from the chart and produce a paint code for a modern equivalent.
I could do all the colours on the chart for future reference.
Any help / suggestions greatly appreciated.
Regards, Jordy
40 SS saloon

There is a chart in the 1939 Brochures section of JagLovers but due to fading/aging I don’t think the colours shown are true to the originals.

Peter

Hi,

All paint shops and restorers tell you this. It is not true.

The big problem are the pigments, and now also the base of most paints has changed so much that it is impossible to recreate the appearance of many of the old cellulose or even synthetic urethane paints Jaguar used between 1932 and 2003.

I have been a computer professional regrading computer graphics and print and screen calibration and various colour spaces.

The best thing to have is an original paint sample that has been well preserved in conditions without UV rays and variations in temperature.

But if you can find one that you think is right, no one can prove you are wrong. :wink:

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 647194 (with an old factory sample of “Birch Grey”)
Fin.