Come for a Drive!

Aren’t stop signs there so you can check your email?

2 Likes

Around here most of them are treated as yield signs. I always come to a complete stop and look both ways and on occasion in the rear view mirror I’ve seen driver’s gesturing as if to say, “What the hell are you stopping for”.

Yes, I spent three years living in “the Natural State.” (which I truly enjoyed) My biggest driving complaint was the natives’ tendency to treat the roadsides as their personal trash cans. But I digress . . .

Litterbugs really annoy me. Maybe it’s the area I’m in, but I’m not seeing that around here, at least no more than any other place I’ve been to lately.

1 Like

John, I had the same issue on my center carb forever. I thought it might be damage to the seat as they were original to the car. During the past winter I reset the entire linkage. I don’t have the issue anymore. My thought is that with the linkage set as it was, the butterfly was cracked just enough to make the slow running adjustment irrelevant. I have full full control over that on all three carbs now. Just a thought.

1 Like

Admittedly, it’s been 25 years since I was stationed at LRAFB. Back then, the back roads in the local area were just strewn with trash, seemingly from people that just dumped their weekly trash in the ditch rather than pay for trash service. I’m sure things are a lot cleaner now and that issue notwithstanding, we truly loved the state as a whole and western AR in particular.

If you do get out in the backwoods areas, on the secondary roads, and you will find houses surrounded with what seems like every piece of furniture, worn out appliance, old car, and outdoor equipment the family has ever owned.

You might be a redneck if

1 Like

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing, that’s funny :sunglasses:

I’ll check that out, thanks!

Boy, leave a thread for a bit and it goes off the rails.

That stop sign has no place being there. We have 9 houses on our street and the cross street on the right dead ends, so there is no through traffic, just residents, deliveries, service people and visitors. It should be a yield sign and that’s exactly what I do after looking both ways a couple of times. Funny though, it’s so normal for me now, but I did notice it when watching the video!

As far as littering, litter all over on trash pick up day from the garbage trucks. My wife and I walk daily and we pick it up and throw it out in the trash carts along the way. Some neighbors get interesting mail!

3 Likes

Sorry. My wife says I have a tendency to do that. Anyway, I did enjoy the video. :slight_smile:

1 Like

…you think a family reunion is a great way to meet babes.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist!)

3 Likes

No problem, just kidding. Glad you enjoyed the drive.

Did another one yesterday with my friend who will be putting his Z8 on Bring a Trailer. You might like the car you see when we go out of his driveway.

2 Likes

Just to add to the theme, this is a 3 minute snippet of a much longer drive-along video I posted six years ago. Taken early November here in Niagara, before my toggle switch retrograde. It’s one of those rare roads on which you can have fun driving even while observing the speed limit, in this case 50 km/h.

1 Like

Nice ride along: thanks for sharing!