[concours] went to scottsdale, brought back

a 1967 XK “E” Fixed Head Coupe
Black with a tan interior.

as most of you know I have been looking for a XK 150 FHC for about a year.
I have not been able to make the purchase of my dreams, yet.

However, while at the RM auction on Friday I did pick up another jaguar Fix Head
coupe. Somewhere in the back of my mind this car was lurking. It now goes into
the collection with our other 3 black cars.
I also discovered upon arriving home tonight that I have 5 books on Series I E
types. Strange how things work out.
Now I am sure that the Black XK 150S Fixed Head Coupe with the 3.8 liter engine
in (almost) perfect condition will now show up soon.
PS: I am still trying to find out what the 1964 XKE FHC sold for at B-J late
Saturday night.
Ron Rader

1965 Austin Healey BRG
1967 XK E FHC Black
1994 XJ6 Black

Ron,
If it was the car that was refurbished in So Cal
and was a creamey golden white (?) it went around
45-55K. The roadster same strange color went for
95K.
Andre— Ron Rader rader@interworld.net wrote:

a 1967 XK “E” Fixed Head Coupe
Black with a tan interior.

as most of you know I have been looking for a
XK 150 FHC for about a year.
I have not been able to make the purchase of my
dreams, yet.

However, while at the RM auction on Friday I
did pick up another jaguar Fix Head
coupe. Somewhere in the back of my mind this
car was lurking. It now goes into
the collection with our other 3 black cars.
I also discovered upon arriving home tonight
that I have 5 books on Series I E
types. Strange how things work out.
Now I am sure that the Black XK 150S Fixed Head
Coupe with the 3.8 liter engine
in (almost) perfect condition will now show up
soon.
PS: I am still trying to find out what the 1964
XKE FHC sold for at B-J late
Saturday night.
Ron Rader

1965 Austin Healey BRG
1967 XK E FHC Black
1994 XJ6 Black


Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Ron,

It was great having you join us Sunday evening.

Ron and Andre,

According to the Saturday sheet, there was only one E FHC all day Saturday.
It was the Sand (kind of subtle gold) one. That was a Classic Showcase nut &
bolt restoration, concours-level car. It went for $67,500, and was bought
buy a couple from Paradise Valley, Arizona, I believe.

One of our club members talked to them afterward and directed them to the
club web site, so perhaps we’ll see that car on a regular basis.

It was stunning, no question about it. $67,500 + 8% buyers premium + 8%
sales tax worth of stunning, I not so sure about, but it has to be good news
if you own an E-type FHC.

“Mark 1” Mark Stephenson (@Mark_Stephenson2)
1952 XK120 Roadster S673129
1958 Mark 1 / 1984 XJ6 / 1985,6,7 XJ6 VDP
Jaguar Club of Central Arizona (www.cableone.net/jcca)

PS: I am still trying to find out what the 1964 XKE FHC sold for at B-J late
Saturday night.
Ron Rader

1965 Austin Healey BRG
1967 XK E FHC Black
1994 XJ6 Black

Mark, That is the car. The memory is becoming
short term and soft…I heard in the background
of the program that an xk was coming up for
auction next after that car… and all that came
up was the commercials and the close of the show.

A.— Mark Stephenson marks@jaguarot.com wrote:

Ron,

It was great having you join us Sunday evening.

Ron and Andre,

According to the Saturday sheet, there was only
one E FHC all day Saturday.
It was the Sand (kind of subtle gold) one. That
was a Classic Showcase nut &
bolt restoration, concours-level car. It went
for $67,500, and was bought
buy a couple from Paradise Valley, Arizona, I
believe.

One of our club members talked to them
afterward and directed them to the
club web site, so perhaps we’ll see that car on
a regular basis.

It was stunning, no question about it. $67,500

  • 8% buyers premium + 8%
    sales tax worth of stunning, I not so sure
    about, but it has to be good news
    if you own an E-type FHC.

“Mark 1” Mark Stephenson (marks@jaguarot.com)
1952 XK120 Roadster S673129
1958 Mark 1 / 1984 XJ6 / 1985,6,7 XJ6 VDP
Jaguar Club of Central Arizona
(Internet Service Provider, TV & Phone | Sparklight)

PS: I am still trying to find out what the 1964
XKE FHC sold for at B-J late
Saturday night.
Ron Rader

1965 Austin Healey BRG
1967 XK E FHC Black
1994 XJ6 Black


Do You Yahoo!?
Send FREE video emails in Yahoo! Mail!
http://promo.yahoo.com/videomail/

Mark:
We saw this car on the field on Thursday before going to RM on Friday.
First I have strong trepidation about buying from this seller.
I think the cars look good but even the seller says they are “drivers” not
concours restorations. I cannot imagine what was done to the running gear and
because it is an auction you have no recourse. For $73,000 I would expect a 99.9
car with a blue printed drive train.

Debi wanted to bid on this car first. But I said if we missed it we could not go
back to a car scheduled for auction on Friday. We went Friday and bought the
black car and did not stay around until the sale late Saturday night of the gold
car.

There is always something for every body. I hope the new buyers find that this
is the best car ever.

Thanks for your hospitality at the JCCA dinner. Singing and everything!
Ron & Debi.

Mark Stephenson wrote:> Ron,

It was great having you join us Sunday evening.

Ron and Andre,

According to the Saturday sheet, there was only one E FHC all day Saturday.
It was the Sand (kind of subtle gold) one. That was a Classic Showcase nut &
bolt restoration, concours-level car. It went for $67,500, and was bought
buy a couple from Paradise Valley, Arizona, I believe.

One of our club members talked to them afterward and directed them to the
club web site, so perhaps we’ll see that car on a regular basis.

It was stunning, no question about it. $67,500 + 8% buyers premium + 8%
sales tax worth of stunning, I not so sure about, but it has to be good news
if you own an E-type FHC.

“Mark 1” Mark Stephenson (marks@jaguarot.com)
1952 XK120 Roadster S673129
1958 Mark 1 / 1984 XJ6 / 1985,6,7 XJ6 VDP
Jaguar Club of Central Arizona (Internet Service Provider, TV & Phone | Sparklight)

PS: I am still trying to find out what the 1964 XKE FHC sold for at B-J late
Saturday night.
Ron Rader

1965 Austin Healey BRG
1967 XK E FHC Black
1994 XJ6 Black

from the Healey list:

Ron
I drove both the Sand/Tan '64 XKE FHC as well as the black '65 BJ8 across the
block on Saturday evening as they belong to a good friend. The BJ8 which was
not restored but an average driver went for $28.5K and I believe that the '64 E
FHC sold for around $65K, (plus 8% buyers fee) which was big money for this
car, but that’s Barrett-Jackson.********************************************************

Andre Haluska wrote:

Ron,
If it was the car that was refurbished in So Cal
and was a creamey golden white (?) it went around
45-55K. The roadster same strange color went for
95K.
Andre