Concours Wiper parking

Yea, just kidding, sort of. Since my car was a wrecked basket, I had to purchase wiper arms and blades, which as a last detail, I quickly installed, and like all things jag, it immediately occurred to me that this was not as easy as it sounded. So I google it up looked at a few dozen cars, and of course they are all over the place.

So where do they really go? Is one bent a little different??
As I have them now…

Thanks!,

That’s where mine sat, parked

That looks about right.

Just a maybe helpful suggestion: All those folks walking by your car on the concourse are likely to scratch it. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Spell check has apparently never heard of a concours. :laughing::innocent:

I like to set the middle and right hand blades right down at the seal. That left hand one on yours is about the same as mine - not a very neat position but perhaps as good as it gets.

Haha!! @#$%$$% spell check. The bayne of mie, comtutor liyfe!!

1 Like

Aren’t all three bent the same?

The left one flying off the glass, had me thinking I was doing something incorrect.

There’s not a wiper blade made that will completely contact the glass with that kind of curvature.

Clearly., thought maybe it was too long arm, or parked wrong.

How about straitening out the left one so it will sit lower on the windshield and adjust the others so they sit right on top of the rubber. Out of sight and looks nice also. It’s the little details that make a difference.

2 Likes

Dick -

The arm on your left hand wiper does not appear to have the same bend as the others. Did you straighten it a bit?

I know it is possible to do so as I did that to mine to get a slightly better ‘sit’ though I am still up off the chrome for the most part:

But, that’s not factory…:wink:

I did straighten it as mine originally had 2 with bends and one straight. I replaced with reproduction ones and all you could get was the ones with a bend. Must have looked good as I loaned Jaguar the car for the 50th anniversary promotions.

It also was on the Jaguar display around the country and ended up at Pebble Beach. Must not have been to noticeable. This picture is the Jaguar Atrium where Jaguar stored the car between shows.

1 Like

I’m sure it was gorgeous: my comment was light-hearted, Dick.

Only thing I’d be worried about, with where yours is, if it actually rained, and the wiper “overslid” onto the cowl: one on Tweety did that once, and goinked the paint.

Paul, mine also. For what it is worth, the three arms all carried the same part number from the early 3.8 on so all had the bend. When they switched to the taller windshield on the 2+2 and went to 2 blades, the arms were different with the straight one in front of the driver and the bent one to the right (LHD cars). I see them still switched and it really looks goofy if you know what to look for.

1 Like

I didn’t know that… as always, I always learn something new from ya!

This is the way mine are. The only downside is that the blade on the left develops a permanent dent after a while from leaning against the pillar chrome so if it actually does rain it leaves a big unswept streak. Of course I never let it out in the rain so I settle for the esthetic approach.

A sensible strategy but one that just isn’t in the cards for me.

From the 2017 Water Leak (er, I mean Oil Leak):

1 Like

If I was ever to make a tour like that, I’d just buy a good blade, pop off the wiper arm, and reposition it up. I’d keep my slightly deformed blade to reinstall for my fun in the sun driving. The other reason I prefer to have it down all the way is that it’s one less thing interfering with my visibility. I wouldn’t be as bothered if the funky one was on the passenger side.

1 Like

And I’m in Washington state. Rain is in the forecast most any day…