Confused on size

All,

My apologies as I’ve sort of asked this but am a bit confused.

Looking at 2+2s, S1-3. I’ve been told that all 2+2’s will have the same interior room/space. However, I keep seeing references to the S3 being roomier. Is it just a higher roofline and door?

Thanks. Still trying to narrow down what I want.

All of the 2+2 cars are also long wheel base, same as a S3, so it’s about 9" longer.

1 Like

Hi Erica,
It’s also 3 inches wider IIRC.
Cheers,
LLynn

Thanks. I just want to be crystal clear, as I’m slow:

All 2+2’s (1967-1974) would be the same size interior and there is no comfort size advantage in an s3 over an S2 or S1.

Again, sorry to beat the dead horse but backseat space is a prime consideration for me.

Thanks!

I think that’s all in the fender flares though. I’d bet the interior dimensions are the same.

No wukka, but, “back seat space,” used in the same sentence as “2+2 E Type,” is problematic, for all but 10-year olds, and quadruple amputees…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kids are 11 and 7. Probably, 12 and 8 by the time I get a car. Our XKR is a touch snug but workable. I think the E-Type has more space (?).

I suspect your correct John :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Lynn

V[quote=“dsd, post:7, topic:358457, full:true”]
Kids are 11 and 7. Probably, 12 and 8 by the time I get a car. Our XKR is a touch snug but workable. I think the E-Type has more space (?).
[/quote]

Hi,

Yes, no question about it. The 2+2 is roomier than it looks. Boys typlcally (in our family and our friends) fit in there up to 13-14 years and girls grow a bit earlier so up to about 11-12 years. But now our girls are 21 and 19 and we no longer have that 2+2. We did many, many long tours with four people in 1E76372BW and a couple with five! (When our youngest was 3 years old and sat in the middle.) XKR/XK8 is much tighter, the later alu bodied one even more so, bigger seats, less legroom. (Some photos of 1E76372BW full of people on xkedata.com :wink:

Cheers,

Pekka T. - 1S20183
Fin.

1 Like