Congratulations on new site!

Been away a long time. Grew up with Jaguars…only cars I’ve ever owned…yep, that’s right!

Lived abroad many years, just returned.
What do I do but get an old S1 XJ6 to restore…sigh.

Was a serious member from the outset of this site…Different name and ID.
The internet has grown and due to lack of privacy within this country I don’t intend to use my real name or info anymore…that stuff never goes away once posted. It’s scary…

It really was a blast from the past looking around on occasion missing these damn cars while abroad, seeing my old posts, picture on the XJS forum of my old car I sold prior to leaving…

First car was a Mk2 I had and restored while in high school in the early 90s…
I’ve owned a MkVII, E Type, 2 XJ6s and 2 V12 XJSs … oh and 3.8S saloon…and a MkV even for a short time, never got it going. Someone wedged an XK engine in it. Paid $1500 for it as i recall…had to let it go, didn’t have the time.

Just happened to return and post a thread for the first time in YEARS and what do I see??

A wonderfully updated site…SO LONG OVERDUE GUYS…

It is outstanding…well done. Very user friendly and enjoyable…perfect community setup and fora…

Well done!

I’m sure the older members of the site will have problems with the change…older people don’t like change…JAGUAR PEOPLE HATE IT!! … but you cannot please everyone…It is very, very good. Very welcoming…impressed.

That is all…

Ok, so you lived abroad - I too live abroad but of course abroad can be anywhere depending on where you call your base, right?

Anyway, welcome back to wherever you are!:joy:

Hah…yep. I suppose I took for granted most members were US based. Yep, the site has grown since I last was here. Back in '98-99 there were not many foreign members…

Lived in Italy many years, traveled everywhere… now in US again…sadly. But it is a great place to own and take care of our toys!

We’ll see how long it lasts though…but unfortunately the world has become more closed since 2001. Not so easy to live abroad anymore.

Thanks for the note!

You said it! Not sure I’d want to be too far abroad myself these days either!

Think you misunderstood…

We’ll see how long I last HERE in the US…

The world is a FAR safer place abroad than here btw.

I hate how I have had to change myself due to the ever present dangers and craziness here in the US…

Due to visa stuff and passport checks, microchips, etc… it is not so easy to travel freely and at length as it once was.

FWIW