Console help please

I am sure my installer got in over his head and spent 10 hours on my console today. He is still not able to get the hinge installed. The tiny little screws no longer make a purchae in the metal and he added new holes.

I always remember the ashtray being a VERY snug fit upon closure but he can not get it correct and have prolly fried the leather.

Can you give advice to the orientation of the hinge. Note that the rivets indicate we did not move; from the one assemblly. When I got there he had the hinge WAY wrong and now we are at an impasse.

Here are two videos and I posted some stills on JL.

GeraI am sure my installer got in over his head and spent 10 hours on my console today. He is still not able to get the hinge installed. The tiny little screws no longer make a purchase in the metal and he added new holes. He only billed be for 6 which was nice.

I always remember the ashtray being a VERY snug fit upon closure but he can not get it correct and have prolly fried the leather.

Can you give advice to the orientation of the ashtray hinge. Note that the rivets indicate we did not move it from the one assembly. When I got there he had the hinge WAY wrong and now we are at an impasse.

Here are two videos and I posted some stills on JL.

Gerard

My apologizes for the double posting.

Gerard

Hi Gerard, are these photos of any help?
Mike

Yes,

May I presume that the rivets get pushed into the console so they do not show?

Gerard

Yes, when pushed into the console, only the rounded top of the hinge shows
Nice car
Mike