Convertible light issue

Passenger side light on left hand drive convertible will not turn off. As a result, I need to disconnect the battery terminal after ever drive so it won’t drain the battery.

How did this get turned on and how do I switch it off?

Your light looks the same as the ones in my '88 Cabriolet. IF it is the same, the lens can be rotated up and down. Three positions. Central position is off. Facing upwards, the light is controlled by the door switch. Facing down, the light stays on all the time. Again, IF your light is the same as mine!

3 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks @DavetheLimey, that did the trick.

!!! amazing. Eccentric Brit engineering. and folks that understand it!!!

1 Like

Does anyone know were to get them,for less than $230.00 a piece mine are broke .

1 Like

Yeah I’m in the same boat for broken ones! When I first got my xjs I thought “well it’s a jaguar and a popular model, there should be lots of aftermarket parts available!” I must not learn because I thought the same thing when I got my xk8 not long after. Smh!

$153 at SNG Barratt… still not cheap.

https://www.sngbarratt.com/English/#/US/parts/9bcbec02-c8cd-4b20-a6fd-9f0bcb3c471f?gt=Interior%20Lamp%20Assembly%20for%20Jaguar%20XJS&saveBranch=US

Who’s got a 3D printer? @John_John1, whatcha up to these days?

2 Likes

Yeah I forgot I did see those. Still kinda the “jaguar markup” thing. Let’s face it if it was for a mustang or Camaro, or pretty much any car made by a standard manufacturer, you could get the aftermarket part and it would only be $15. I know that’s part of the allure of jags, but even something like new seat covers has at least a 200% markup compared to “regular cars”.

John 6 wrong light. Thank you for trying to help .

Mine just broke as well… Looking into options :slight_smile: