Convertible top inside colour

Anyone know the correct colour for the inside of the convertible top for a 69 S11. Outside is black, inside black or beige? The front inside panel with the tie down holes any different than inside of canvas?
I see they come black or beige, mine is black but not original.
Cheers
BRU

Beige,

This is a very old photo from when you could still get the proper top for an S2.

Richard Liggitt

2 Likes

+1

Mine was beige inside and black outside. The header was covered in Bowdrill.

I went with an Everflex(?) StayFast top as that was the only one I could find with a beige inside and a zip out rear window.

They threw in a yard of the modern equivalent of Bowdrill for the header:

1 Like

Thanks for the info and pict.
Was also sent a pict from Porters and black/beige is correct.
XKs had a sale ending so I ordered up a new top black/beige. Just have to figure out how to install it correctly. Winter project.
Brian (BRU)

Thanks for the photo, and the name of the material George. My '68 ots had the same material originally, and I’ve always wondered about finding a replacement for it. I need to replace the top on the car now, so I’ll start phoning around Victoria looking for it. I know some places sell it online but with the Covid lockdown it’s almost impossible to get stuff out of the states into Canada in a timely fashion.

orig s2 top was vinyl black/tan.
no longer available. can only get black vinyl with gray or black inside.

Black/tan was an option on XKs website so that’s what I ordered. We will see what arrives.

Looks like they have black/tan in the StayFast - it is cloth rather than vinyl.

But it is beige inside:

Looks great. Hope mine turns out as nice. I wanted the zip out back window but seems it is not available anywhere I looked. According to my friend Mike, the zip out style is awesome for venting in hot weather…

If I ever replace mine again, I will definitely get the zip out rear window! The folks (BAS Canada) that sold me the one I installed encouraged me to get the regular window because they said top with the zip out rear window would be harder to install myself. Don’t believe it, I suspect that was all they carried.
Cheers,
LLynn

I wasn’t going to mention these guys since you had already purchased from XKs/Moss - but they have the best prices and the zip-out rear windows:

Already ordered unfortunately. However with their sale pricing It is pretty close and no shipping.
I’ll keep your link for my next top in 40 years which Is my current top age. It is still good but Amco vinyl and has shrunk so stressing windshield when latching. Time for a new one.
Brian