Cooling fan clutch replacement with Hayden 2747

It was time to replace my cooling fan cluch as my old one was getting tired… After reading recomendations in “the book” and few posts on this forum I desided to go with Hayden 2747 heavy duty cluch.
As my fan was updated type black fan, I had to trim fan blades just a bit so I could fit a bit bigger diameter Hayden cluch, but I would say it was well worth it.
Hayden cluch is a bit longer then OEM and I would say it fits better then OEM cluch. Fan goes a bit deeper into the shroud and there is more space for putting on fan nuts. There is still more then enough space left between the cluch and radiator.
Few pictures:

2 Likes

John,
I will confirm that it increases the airflow. I had some warnings that my cooling wasnt what was needed and made tha same swap. Black fan + hayden HD. I also added the insulation around, under and along top rail. Temperatures were lowered quite a bit, and I no longer start to worry each time I slow to stop or when idling. Its much noisier when first starting, but quiets down within a few minutes. Ive got to admit that I havent had a chance to push it for a extended period, so I cant comment on how it would handle. I am very pleased with the change.