Correct Toe Adjustment

Finally ready to get back to work on car by finishing up by installing new tires.
Have been told on the forum that the correct front end alignment call for toe in and not toe out.
To set toe in what value should be used?
Thanks

Don, the updated tsb60-5a Suspension – Alignment Specifications.pdf (40.8 KB)

Hello JimD - thanks for the lead on the alignment specs update - I have to take in my 1991 XJS Coupe soon for an alignment so this will be of great use - Tex Terry II 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - 2/19/2020 2217hrs. EST USA.

Thanks Jim for your reply. Brake lights failed again so wont be driving it to get front end aligned or any where for that matter.

Terry, Have you had your alignment done yet. If so what front toe did they do and how is the car handeling now? Also what tire size are you using? My 1987 coupe now has 16 inch wheels off a 1995 XJ-S coupe.

Hello Don - unfortunately, due to slow recovery of knee surgery, I have not had been able to work on my 1991 XJS so I have not had the alignment completed yet - I have 205/70/15R mounted tires - I will try to remember to do a follow-up post of the alignment results - short history of car is that the previous owner had an impact, on the LHD driver’s front edge with a deer - this resulted in small repair to the left front underside parts, which is the reason for needing to get the alignment completed - the car has been driving straight since the repairs, but the alignment still needs to be done to be sure that tire wear will be okay - Tex Terry II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - 3/12/2020 1449hrs. EST USA.

Hope your recovery is complete soon. Surprised to see you have the old tire size mounted. Hope they are not originals.
I too have been dealing with a body that is not 100%. Back in Oct. had a DAA (first letter is for dumb) and almost lost my left index finger. That made it a lot harder to installing all new ball joints and upper control arm bushings.
Harder still was using just one hand to replace the old main fuse block with modern fuse block.

Hello Don - These are brand new tires I had mounted in November 2019 shortly after I acquired the car - I maybe have 35 miles on them since then - I can understand the finger accident causing it hard to work on the car - I know that there are people with more serious impairments than me working on their cars so I don’t complain - just not able to move too well to do anything and since this happened a work, I have to follow doctor recommendation of movements so I will be able to eventually go back to work (been off work since 12/05/2019 and going crazy) - I chose these tires to get the white sidewall and they are mounted on 15 inch Dayton 72 spoke wheel - nice work on fuse box update - Tex Terry II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - 3/12/2020 1536hrs. EST USA.