Cost to do a complete overhaul of electrical system for E-Type?

Chris the phone numbers are listed

Chris I have had similar experience when trying to e-mail or use the website with the JCNA club in Houston and with the South Central region. Got pretty frustrating for some one who until last year was a long time JCNA member. One of the reasons I came over to this site.

David
68 E-type FHC

David as a long time member of JCNA you got the Jaguar Journal which in every issue gave you the name ,phone, and address of your two regional directors. Are you saying that they did not respond to you. I will see both of them soon and make sure I bring this up with them. As far as the Houston club their officers are listed along with phone and addresses–did they not answer? Lastly the officers of JCNA and their addresses and phone numbers are listed. I assure you I got no call. Further there is a toll free number to call the administrator–he got no call. So Just how frustrated can you be or was it something else? If you get what you need from here then this is where you need to be but you seem to make a case that the entire South Central Region was ignoring you. As with Chris you are welcome to cal me if no one else should you desire. BTW your regional directors are Gary Vaughan and David Mc Dowell–both hard working and very dedicated and give freely of their time. They are very responsive to all members in their region. I await your call.

I’m in Bethesda, so if you need help,i just retired and recently rewires my 67 OTS.

Hey Michael, It’d be great to meet up. I"m doing some cataloguing and sorting this weekend & will definitely take you up on that, Best, Chris

I should be working on my car this weekend, then away for a week. It might
be helpful for you to see what I’ve doneand maybe i can help you get
started. We have a group of about 10 etype owners who help each other.
Welcome to the group. Many of us have actually done the full ground up
restoration and have tools and know what NOT to do.
Mike

Mike Oldak 202.262.5188

Hey Mike, Fantastic, looking forward to meeting you & everyone. I’ll give you a call this weekend, Cheers, Chris

You got floors, you should jump for joy. :slight_smile:

is this the one?

XKs Unlimited - Jaguar Wiring Book, E-Type 4.2 Ser. I Wiring Booklet - 11-0805
Additional Images - Click to Enlarge

Jaguar Wiring Book, E-Type 4.2 Ser. I Wiring Booklet - 11-0805

George I sent you an e-mail hopefully to the right address I got from a Jaguar Journal from Nov 2015

David
68 E-type FHC

Received and responded to.

That is what I use (but in the S2) version. Makes electrical work a piece of cake compared to dealing with the bowl of spaghetti a single chart presents or the mysterious current-track approach favored by the Germans.

http://xks.com/i-6916666-jaguar-wiring-book-e-type-4-2-ser-i-wiring-booklet-11-0805.html

The one thing missing from all though is the physical positioning of the harness. For that one hopefully has the old harness as a guide or a nearby E-Type for a reference. Otherwise it is photos &/or lots in inquiries to J-L.

About properly locating wiring harness etc: I have installed new harnesses in two S1 E Types, one TR3, and 62 Chrysler. Afterwards, I read this tip which sounds like it is a good thing to do and I will try next time. I have not tried it though. This person, when he began to replaced the harness in his TR3, went through the car and cut the old harness several inches away from each connection, leaving the short portion connected to the car. This left a couple of inches of color coded wire attached to each connection. As he routed the cable, he could quickly identify where the wires could be routed and where to connect them.

I use the S1 equivalent and have also used the S2 for cars being restored. They are a big help, but you have to be careful because they are wrong in some details; looking at the original setup or the original harness can be helpful in figuring out what’s right, and I correct the book when I find this sort of thing. Not most places, but some…

Jerry