Courtesy lights question on mk9

hello
quick Mk9 question;
is it correct that the only courtesy light that operates on the door switches is the dash map light?
thanks
bob

Bob,
That is the way it works on my 1957 MK VIII and that is what page 6 in my copy of the “MK VIII Operating, Maintenance, and Service Handbook” says.

I suppose that the MK IX could be different but somehow I doubt it. Do you have a copy of the MK IX Operating, Maintenance and Service Handbook?

Paul

Thanks Paul

I suppose the idea is that your chauffeur puts on the rear courtesy lights!!
Don’t have a drivers handbook

Cheers

Have you figured out how to tyrn in the lights on the C pillars😂?
That took me a while when I got the car 6 yrs ago.

Bob,
I find that having the correct owners manuals for our Jaguars is very helpful in answering many questions like the one you posted, and hundreds more.

Original owners manuals show up on eBay from time to time and reprint manuals are always for sale there. I just searched eBay for “Jaguar MK IX manual” and a reprint copies are available from sellers in the USA and the UK. I have no affiliation with either of the sellers.

Paul

Peder,
The procedure for turning on the interior lights in the C pillars are covered on page 4 of my MK VIII owners manual. “Interior Light Switch” is also listed in the Index on page iv.

I find that having and using the owner’s manuals, Parts Catalogues, and service manuals for my five Jaguars has really helped remove a lot of the mystery (but certainly not all of it) from owning and working on these cars.

Paul

Thanks Paul

I just found a mk8 handbook in the box of junk that came with the car it’s very scruffy but I assume it’s almost the same as a mk9!!

I think I will modify the wiring during the restoration so that the rear courtesy lights come on with the door switches

Cheers