Crash Roll Vent Repair

(Jochen Glöckner) #21

Sorry David,

will be skiing on Sunday and on a very tight schedule next week. Next time I get to the garage I’ll check what I’ve left for SIII cars - I think there’s still a quite presentable piece and I’ll send you some pics.

We’ll find a way to meet, I’m sure

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

(David Jauch) #22

That’s fine, I’ll be down there more often soon. Did you just imply you had more parts?
Another time then, the crash roll can wait anyways. Thank you -

David

(Jochen Glöckner) #23

No, I just compiled a kind of collection of crash rolls - when I bought my car the crash roll had an ugly split right where the driver tends to look at. So the PO had taken care and bought another good one that unfortunately turned out to be a SIII part, but he gave it to me with the car. Then I came, found out about the difference, bought a SII part that, alas, turned out to be another SIII part. Then I got a SII part with ugly delamination that I re-glued with a less than perfect result. The next SII part I found now is in the car and the SII part with the split in the shelf. One of the SIII parts was sold - so I should have one decent SIII and two poor SII crash rolls left. That was what I referred to and it kind of mirrors the oddities of this hobby …

Have a nice Sunday

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)