Crazy car summer - great life

People have cancer, trouble with kids, etc. Me, I just want “car sympathy”. We have a great selection of cars for ‘poor people’ - thanks to getting some years ago and not getting divorced. But this summer has been a minor crazy time:
Daughter with our brand new grandson in car backs into our BMW. Insurance woes ensue with GEICO not wanting to use factory parts, parts delays, waiting for the foo-foo special high end body shop to get it in, etc. Result - without the car for most of summer.
Jaguar - stops on interstate due to “professional” rebuild of Lucas distributor having a screw not tightened resulting in no points or spark. I did the install and never checked his work - went fine for some 100 miles, then bam! Then “new” float sinks after maybe 200 miles due to factory crack in new parts (from a great guy in Canada - not his fault.) Wait for parts, do repairs - again without car for long periods of prime summer.
Buy 2013 Audi A5 - very cool car. Have car for 3 days and dump truck going in opposite direction (we’d stay away, normally) fires rock at windshield. Huge crack, wait for parts, suffer $500 deductible. Again, no cool car for many days.
Have nice BMW K1300S. Can’t go places due to knee injury to wife (who fortunately can still get on a sportbike at 65+).
Porsche 928 runs great, but no AC and is pinned in garage by other, less lucky cars.
Glad to be fortunate, glad to have great family, but why do the car gods hate us? Wouldn’t be an issue if summer wasn’t 2 months long in the God forsaken frozen tundra.

1 Like

Other than that, things are good?

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

:grimacing:

1 Like

Wow just wow, got to get better from here surely???

Of course, that is the point. The car issues are almost hilarious. The new (and first) grandchild combined with a safe and slow crash into your favorite car is a life proof of having your priorities straight.
By the way, a trailer hitch at 3 mph can do an easy $5 000, damage to a front end.

1 Like

$12,000 to an E class Mercedes. Don’t ask me how I know.

1 Like

You’re helping to remind us all how fortunate we are that most if not all of us aren’t having that bad of a year. Bad years pass, hang in there and keep your head down :slight_smile:
pauls

1 Like

post cannot be empty

?..:smile: