Daimler double six 1987 wiring diagram

Hello. Where i can find and how to purchase wiring diagram daimler double six?
Identification number is: SAJDDRLW4CM479672 Manufactury year: 1987?

I have never seen a wiring diagram specific to the Daimler Double Six (DD6) and I hope you find one because I would also like to get one if they are available.

I own a 1990 Jaguar V12 Vanden Plas, essentially a DD6 badged as a Jaguar with a trim package specific for the Canadian market, that is much like your 1987 DD6. I also own 2 Series III XJ6 saloons and a 1990 XJ-S convertible with the 5.3L V12 and Marelli ignition system. The reason I mention this is what I have been doing for the past six years since purchasing my 1990 V12 VdP is using a combination of technical data for XJ6 and XJ-S to service and maintain my 1990 V12 VdP.

There is an excellent document available for the Series III XJ6 call the S-57 Electrical Guide (revised 7/88) that has a lot of valuable information on systems that are common between the Series III XJ6 and the Series III DD6 (and a lot of the electrical system components are the same). Of course the engines and transmissions are different, so for that information I have been using the XJ-S S-57 Electrical Guide MY1989 because the engines and transmission systems are very much alike including the Lucas ignition system. The Jaguar Series III Service Manual also has information specific to the Series III XJ12s/DD6 that you might find helpful and it not found elsewhere. Another document that you might find handy is the “XJ12 Series 3 Daimler Double Six Series 3 Parts Catalogue” the one I have is “RTC9886CD May 1984” which is a pretty comprehensive document of all the parts, their part numbers along with illustrations. It is really helpful in sorting out what parts I need when the time comes and has helped me to be a smart buyer when purchasing parts. There is nothing like having the correct part number when shopping around for hard to find parts.

I have purchased my hard copies of these documents on eBay as independent shops and dealerships got rid of their documents. If you search on eBay for “Jaguar Electrical Guide” you will find a bunch of these factory documents listed and you will just need to sort through the ones that are applicable to you. I prefer the hard copy documents, but I believe some of these might be available in digital format online or through Jaguar dealerships directly.

So far I have had great luck dealing with a wide variety of electrical system issues on my 1990 V12 VdP using a combination of these document. It would be great to find one document with all the wiring and electrical information in it. I hope you find one because it would make things a bit easier for me.

BTW, you posted this on the Jag-Lovers “V12-Engine” list. You should also try posting to the Jag-Lovers “XJ” list where a number of XJ12, V12 VdP and DD6 owners are members since it sounds like you are looking for Series III XJ model specific help rather than V12 help.

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA

Hey. Thanks for the information.
I think that DDS is exactly the same electrical system as xj12? That
car has a Lucas ignition system. The car is the eu / uk model, the
later model, v12 5.3 liters. Ecu 16 cu, catalyst. The problem with
that car is the electrical system of the engine. Everything else works
and is properly connected.
The previous owner has unloaded the car, and I replaced another
engine when the former engine was broken. The Haynes Repair Manual
does not identify all the colors of the engine’s electrical parts and
in which connector the wires will go.

“Tuomo Jylha”

Lainaus “Paul M. Novak” noreply@jag-lovers.com:

Try jagrepair.com, all manuals found are free to download.

“Tuomo Jylha”,

As I mentioned in my other post for the engine electrical systems in my 1990 V12 Vanden Plan I have been using  a hard copy of the “XJ-S S-57 Electrical Guide MY1989” because the engines and transmission systems are very much alike including the Lucas ignition system.  I purchased a hard copy of this document online on eBay but I have heard that there are digital copies on a Jaguar CD and possibly online to download from other sources.   The S57 shows all the electrical systems in the car, how they are wired, and where all the components are located.  I wouldn’t have been be able to keep my 2 V12 Jaguar running without this document.  

Regards,

Paul M. Novak

1990 Series III V12 Vanden Plas

1990 XJ-S Classic Collection convertible

1987 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1984 XJ6 Vanden Plas

1969 E-Type FHC

1957 MK VIII Saloon

Ramona, CA USA