Daimler V8 250 HALF SHAFTS

Does anyone have any experience of interchangeability of half shafts of manual and auto Daimler V8 250

Hi and welcome to the forums.
The only difference that I would be aware of between manual and Auto would be the diff ratio, I’d be certain that Jaguar would use the same equipment out board of the diff head.
As you are new to the forums you will not have access to the classifieds section where your other post should really be placed as there is a strict ‘No selling’ policy in force in the type specific forums.
To gain access to the classified section you need to be active on the site and read a few other posts and like a few to raise your trust level.

1 Like

I thank you for the note and the information therein.
I was not aware and did not see anything to inform me of the no sell policy
I will be quite happy to take down the post (or you can if you can) and delete my registration
I registered with the best of intent, but life is too short to create displeasure
Thank you for informing me

Sorry if you took ‘displeasure’ in my post, there was certainly no intent on my part.
You are of course welcome to depart from the forum if you so wish.
Its a long time since I registered to join this forum but I think there are rules that are spelt out when carrying out the registration process that possibly point out such rules as have been formulated by the site owners, please note I am not a site owner just one of the moderators.

1 Like

If you don’t have a spares catalogue you can find some online, then look at the part numbers.
If they are not the same it may still work.

The XJ driveshafts were all the same at first but the forward half was eventually strengthened for manual cars. As the transmissions have the same length these are still interchangeable.

Many thanks David, I am actually in the throws of pulling one out of a manual MkII axle
Thanks again
V

It’s a Salisbury 4HA axle. I’m sure all the half shafts are the same throughout the MK2/ Daimler 2.5 range.