Dash Leather Problems

Hey guys have any of you had problems with your leather dash rippling? It has happened on both of my XK’s. Fixing the first one cost me $3200 and my second one is doing same. Have any of you had problems and if so, how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Dan in Sunshine State…

It is presently 31 degrees below zero here. If there were to be any issues with the dash on my car, they would likely be related to shattering, not rippling. For the latter, we would need exposure to that thing that gives your state its name. But I have heard of this as being an issue with these cars. There have been threads on this on the JaguarForums site, and it seems the problem lies with the leather actually shrinking so that it becomes difficult to glue it back in place.

Tony (shivering in Saskatchewan)

I suspect the sunshine state says it all. Where ever you can, keep the windshield covered but above all, feed the leather dash with a good quality conditioner.
I would be doing that at least once per month in your climate.

Jim

Mine has a spot where it is coming delaminated from the dash, will take some glue in a needle and syringe to tack it back down.