Dashboard warning lights

Hello forum
This is a old picture of my XK-140 OTS dashboard. Dismantled 30 years ago.
See warning lights: Does anyone have detailed information on the two black collars? detail pictures? part no.?
Thanx - Markus

Markus, the black collars surrounding the two warning lights were made of a very thin, possibly bakelite, material that disintegrated with age. I replaced mine with pieces of 3/4 inch PVC pipe cut to length and then glued to the wooden side of the instrument panel.

Yes, most of it has dissolved. My old photo gives an idea of what the original part might have looked like. Maybe like this… (see picture below)
With today’s possibilities (3D printer) you could reproduce that. That’s why I’m asking what the original Part looks like.

Hello Markus

I have had the same issue on my XK120 FHC. Please let me know how you solve this. My first attemps to use simple tubes failed.
BTW, I live in Switzerland too. philippe.matter²hispeed.ch
Best regards - Philippe

What are you actually saying or responding to with this post???

1 Like

Some of my friends have a 3D printer. We will see, what’s going on. I will post my solution.

Your post is nonsense and nothing to do with the discussion…why are you also posting links?

Here is the result from the 3D printer. Fits well, I’m happy.
kragen_01

Ignition warning light
kragen_02

For the turn signal warning light, make sure that the part on the back is electrically insulated
kragen_03

I will replace the two bulbs with LEDs. Because lower temperature. Rivets replaced by screws.
kragen_04

kragen_05

4 Likes

excellent work, I must admit I just cut of a piece of rubber hose right length and glue to dash panel! are you going to mass produce these?
terry

Markus

This looks perfect. Congratulations.

A friend of mine made this with his printer. No serial production, just for fun.
But if anyone is interested in the required 3D schemes (for the printer), send me the e-mail address. With subject ‘3D print’. Then i will ask my friend.
Markus

Hello Markus,

I have the problem with the XK instrument warning light collars that you solved last year. Your solution looks good.

I have a 3D printer; would you be willing to send me the file containing the 3D model so that I can print my own?

With thanks and kind regards
Simon

London

+44 (0)7967 655594
simonroope@gmail.com

Hello Simon
Yes, of couse. Check your email…
I only use an LED for the turn signal warning light. The ignition warning light does not work correctly with LED (using the original bulb).
Markus