Death of a long time member

Mike Goodwin, koolkat, recently passed away after a short illness. As Mike was a member of JL’s for many years, if any of you would like to send his wife a card send me an email and I’ll send you the address.
Thanks! bobanddarl@comcast.net

2 Likes

That is very sad news indeed. Mike has been around longer than I have, and was one of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet. Never got to meet him in person, but talked to him on the phone a number of times and e-mailed with him countless times. He will be missed.

This is sad to hear. Mike has been around forever here. Thanks for the heads up, Bob. Wondering if we should send some flowers?

2 Likes

Thank you for that info: I am shocked.

Mike was definitely a good guy.

Ill toss in some bucks.

1 Like

As will I.

Happy to Pay Pal it to whoever can arrange it.

Internet forums have become a remarkable source of friendships for me over the years.

2 Likes

Could you or @gunnar create a “post”, on Mike’s feed, on here, reporting the loss?

Very sad news, thanks for letting us know.

Very sad to hear about Mike’s passing. Mike helped me several times and in many different ways. He was very generous.

I like that he shared his time & knowledge freely, even though I think he had a business

He will be missed on this forum

His explanation of how the Lucas AC11 regulating parts functioned and could be tested was very helpful, as good or better than anything else

Thanks Bob, hope his family will get wind of the heartfelt condolences given from all the JL friends. I’ve been on JL for over 30 years and have read of several that are suddenly not with us anymore. Its painful. Even though most of us haven’t met personally we’re trusted friends.
pauls

1 Like

Thanks for the Info, Bob. I remember Mike’s posts from seemingly forever. He was always a great help.
His family and friends have my condolences.

For years Mike and his wife Janice were the organizers of the BEAT
in Arizona, better known as the British Euro Auto Tour. Would leave Phoenix and
wind it’s way to Flagstaff. As many as a hundred cars would be on this tour during
it’s peak.
Mike and Janice were long time members of the Jaguar Club of Central Arizona and
Mike always was free with his expertise on E Types. He will be missed by his long time
friends.

2 Likes