Delanair Mk 2 manual

I know it’s an old thread.
I don’t suppose this book has been uploaded anywhere?
I’m fighting my XJ6 and so far it’s winning.
Cheers

Try http://www.jag-lovers.com/books/cj-s/14-Aircon.html and search SK Jagtech.co. Brian - there was something there - a long time back…:slight_smile:

What is your actual problem - there may be something in the Archives…

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Hi Brian and welcome.

Here is the manual:

What is the problem?

ah! Nice ! I greatly appreciate the file :slight_smile:
The main pdf has all the testing procedures etc which is super helpful when bench testing a unit before putting it back in the car.
I have also been tinkering with recreating the cam unit via 3d printing, so more documentation is helpful.
Thank you :slight_smile:

Edit, actually. My biggest issue is my fans won’t turn on. They run if I give them power manually and if I jump the temp sensor.

The temp sensor, clamped to the heater hose, Brian…?

This sensor is open circuit until the coolant temp reaches 41C - at lower temps, or if defective; the fans will not run if the AC is in the heating mode, trying to heat the cabin. When the AC is in the ‘cooling’ mode, the temp sensor is bypassed. It is a refinement, preventing the fans blowing cold when heating is required…

You can retest with the engine warmed up, and/or set the temp control to ‘65’ and observe fan action. If the sensor is faulty; bypassing it is a temporary remedy untila replacement is fitted…

Frank
xj6 86 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

Greetings, A new request to download the manual please. I have an XJ6 S3 1983. The hot water control has no vacuum. When Auto is selected a hurricane emits from the vents. Manually closing the HWC reduces the tropics inside. Keep safe and regards,Bernard

Vacuum is applied to the water valve to close it, Bernard. It is closed when the system is in ‘cold’ mode - otherwise it is open. Have you also checked that there is vacuum at the vacuum canister with the engine running?

Fans will run at full speed in ‘Auto’ until set temp is reached.

Have you checked if the servo is ‘buzzing’ when temps are varied between ‘65’ and ‘85’?

Frank
xj6 85 Sov Europe (UK/NZ)

No vacuum at the HCV when engine running. I shall try what you say tomorrow. I will let you know.

Hello Frank, I am changing drive belts at moment. The alternator belt was cast off when driving. The pulley on the alternator is not on the same plane as the pulley groove next to the engine. Either the alternator has been changed at some time or the bracket is not mounted correctly. It has run for more than a year and perhaps stretched and got off that way. I have a new belt for the alternator. After the correction of the orientation for this belt the motor will run and I can return to the air con problem.