Delayed Hot Start Re-Cap

I contemplated added to the existing threads I started to provide a re-cap, but sometimes it’s a pain, especially with the longer threads, to get at the end. You’ve gotta sometimes scroll through the whole thing - not sure how long the thread markers stay that keep track of the last post read, but in any case, figured a new thread might be the best way.

Been running the car fairly regularly for about 4 months after all the updates with no hot start issues. Granted, it’s not the 100 degree temperatures that summer brings, but I’ve had no issues so far under various restart conditions - 5-, 10-, 15-, 30- minute delays after running hard.

Here’s a synopsis of all the things that might have helped with the issue (in the order I think fixed the issue):

1. Repaired crimped fuel feed hard-line
  2. Cleaned and rebuilt the injectors
  3. Replaced all fuel hoses
  4. Removed A-bank FPR
  5. Replaced B-bank FPR
  6. Removed sump filter
  7. Added pre-sump 300-micron fuel filter
  8. Replaced CTS and ECU fuel temperature sensor
  9. Replaced O2 sensors
    — Probably not related, but —
  10. Replaced distributor venting system
  11. Removed AAV
  12. Replaced air cleaner assemblies (trumpets) with funnel air filters for more air flow
  13. Added oil catch catch can
  14. Removed air rail
  15. Removed exhaust honeycomb from downpipes I’d missed earlier
  16. Removed charcoal canister and related plumbing
  17. Added new hose and filter to fuel tank to replace the vapor return line to the canister

I think that covers it…

yes it tells us about 17 changes… however… each item will need explaining as to why it affects the operation of the engine… and then to go deeper into each item there should be information about part numbers on and or substitution of parts… so I agree the posts get too lengthy and get off track… maybe it’s time to rewrite the “book” differently if that is possible