Details required for FHC parcel tray hinges

Hi all.
I’m looking for details (dimensions) of the
hinges for the 120 FHC panel (BD 6128)
and
hinges for the lid on parcel box (BD. 6678)
Are accurate reproductions available? Anyone have originals available to purchase?
Also looking for the clip (BD.5534) and button (BD.5533) same as Mk VII sunvisor reatiners.
Regards, Graham

You can still get BD6128 from SNG Barrett.

On the sun visors, I am not sure what clip and button are on the XK120. Both Viart and Schmid show sun visor hinges BD5447/8. These are available on special order from XKS Unlimited.

BD6128 hinge on vertical front to box Bunnings $7 pr

BD6678 hinge not listed on SNG but you will get something from Bunnings this hinge is not seen.
Two items below I have never seen available anywhere
BD5534 chrome plated clip mounted on black right angle bracket which is screwed to the boxed ends. get a number of “Terry” clips and you will find one to the job you need to cut the 2 legs down for it to suit.
BD5533 button mounted on underside of lid original made of a maroon twirl finished bakelite product and you can machine up one to suit the clip above fr9om suitable mnaterial.

Excellent. Thanks Gents.
Wyn. The clips and buttons hold the parcel tray lid closed. Just happen to be the same item as Mark VII sunvisor clips.
Thanks for your photos.
Cheers, Graham.

Yep.
That’s them.
Cheers, Graham.

Hi Listers,

I have a source of a few clips and buttons of high quality that were made up by a fellow xklover member. The buttons include a stainless 4-40 panhead screw that fits the small angle clip perfectly. The clip is made of stainless steel and looks beautiful. If you have interest please contact me offline at tbrady312@aol.com.

This is a long lost detail on many FHC’s, and is completely unnessary, but is very nice to have.

Tom Brady
52 FHC

IMG_0208

IMG_0211

delete delete delete
tmcgrath@bigpond.com

Hi Tom.
Thanks. I have responded to your personal email.
Regards, Graham.

I meant to thank Wyn for those excellent photos and dimensions of the hinges.
Based on those I found some very similar ones at Bunning’s Warehouse. : )
Regards, Graham.

Wyn,
the rare shelf section and hinged lid how thick is the ply for rear shelf? ie bit with curved back you have marked speaker on? Also what sort of fixings are the two on this and before you moved a tag of some sort

?
thanks terry

Terry, I just saw your question. Sorry for the delay. The plywood is 3/8" thick. The extra lip of plywood added on the three edges of the top piece is 1/4" thick. The hinges are attached with rivets that have the ends bend down flat on the back side.

Also, i forgot to mention the plywood is a high quality 7-ply, so it resists warping. I think maybe you were also asking about the two fasteners that attach the plywood to the rear metal shelf. They are 1/4" x 1" flat head screws that are attached firmly to the plywood the threaded inserts. See photos below:

Hopefully that answers your questions. If not let me know.

thanks greatly
I am a carpenter by trade an appreciate you comments about good quality 7 ply I use this and use exterior grade AB finish so furniture grade. Very familiar with the threaded inserts here in OZ we call them T Nuts so it would appear that the 2 bolts come up from underside of rear metal panel into the fixed extension to the lid?
“The hinges are attached with rivets that have the ends bend down flat on the back side” we call them here bifurcated rivets - the reason they use these is the fabric goes straight across from the 2 boards and there is no way to hold something to tighten up these just need the legs bending over.
terry

No. Actually the 1/4" x 1" flat head screws go into the top of the plywood with the flat head countersunk flush with the top of the plywood. The T nut is on the bottom side of the plywood. So you tighten the screw-plywood-Tnut assembly firmly first. Then you lay that assembly onto the metal shelf with the screws pointing down into the trunk/bonnet area, and fasten with nuts and washers in the trunk area.

Here is what my FHC 679187 has for hinges and fasteners on the parcel box and top lid.

Parcel box front panel hinge:

Parcel box front panel hinge:

Top lid hinge:

Sorry about the out-of-focus, my camera just doesn’t take close-ups.