Direction of air flow

My 1995 X300 has a problem with the blower direction of air flow. It stays in the dash only.Air will not go to defrost or lower,(floor). Any info on this matter will be help full.
Thanks The Chin

Search upper an lower blend flaps, if not exercised they can stick.

1 Like

Be aware that if ONE blower fails, the other simply blows the air out the other blower.
The two blowers each force air into the climate control box for proper ducting and flow. (the air meets in the middle)

Robin_O_Conner has the other fault covered. Both will drive you crazy.

bob

Robin,
Thanks, Are those flaps inside the control box? Do I have to remove the blowers to get to them?
Thanks
TheChin

Bob,
Thanks, I worked on a 94 VDP to rebuild the blowers but I never had a problem with directional flow.
TheChin

They can be exercised manually from either side of the central box, there is a small electric motor controlled by a rheostat/feed back on the opposite side.
Remove the motor and using a screwdriver twist the slot to rotate the blend valve. repeat for the other side.
https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=XJ40+blend+flaps+drawings&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS719US719&oq=XJ40+blend+flaps+drawings&aqs=chrome..69i57.14037j0j7&hl=en-GB&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=v8YFlFsrcuCSmM:

Robin,Thanks again for the info and illustrations. They are very helpful. Not an easy job but doable.RegardsTheChin

Robin_O_Connor Robin O’Connor
October 26 |

They can be exercised manually from either side of the central box, there is a small electric motor controlled by a rheostat/feed back on the opposite side.
Remove the motor and using a screwdriver twist the slot to rotate the blend valve. repeat for the other side.
XJ40 blend flaps drawings - Google Search Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.
In Reply To

Vin_the_Chin
October 26 |

Robin, Thanks, Are those flaps inside the control box? Do I have to remove the blowers to get to them? Thanks TheChin Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond. To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.