I have completed the install of a Wilwood-based disk brake conversion kit on my Wife’s treasured 120 FHC.
I also replaced an upper ball joint and the ball joint, tie rod end, bump stop and shock absorber rubber bushings. The split pin at the bottom of the shock was really a challenge!! Put a re-build kit in the master cylinder as well. Pressing the bearing retainers into the hub could have presented a problem as not many of the local automotive machine shops have the capability any longer. Front wheels balanced, too.
I took me about 20 hours over a ten-day period. I am sure any of you could have done it in less time, but I am 85 years and do not move so quickly any more, especially during the up and down.
The parts all came from Moss Motors/XKS Unlimited.
The brakes are a great improvement over the drums, however one of the drum brake linings was fluid-soaked so I can’t say how the disks compare to a well maintained drum setup. I made the change because a cylinder leak and soaked linings had become about an annual thing. They do require a strong leg as previously-predicted here.
My Wife loves the car. I had installed an E-Type full synchro box many years ago which made the car much easier to drive but she was avoiding it because of the brakes. I think she will enjoy it again with trustworthy brakes.
Thanks to all for your comments and advice.