Do you recognise this pedal?

Hi could this be off a saloon ? It is photographed next to a XK 140 pedal . The only marking on it is cast 975.

I love a mystery part.
It is nothing like the pictures in the Mark VII, VIII and IX parts books.
That small spring attachment loop on the front is a mystery. Or could that be the rear? I see that loop in the XK140 book but not the XK120.

Here is what I believe to be a RHD Mark V pedal, with the number C3980 forged into it, but no loop on the front.

The pin at the bottom is for operating a mechanical stop light switch as was used on RHD Mark V but not LHD which has a hydraulic switch.

Here is a LHD Mark V pedal, ostensibly C3981 according to the parts book, but it has the number C3222 forged into it very faintly.

Again no front loop.
The return spring is attached to the yoke pin and catches a tab on the rear of the mounting bracket.
The tab on the bottom is not drilled for a pin as it would be on RHD.
You can see the two small slot holes in my bracket where a switch would have been attached in a RHD installation.

XK120 is the same, no loop, a tab at the rear of the mounting bracket.
clutch%20linkage%20003
So that front loop is a mystery. Looks like it was meant for a return spring but its on the wrong side.
Perhaps someone else will give us the clue to solve it.

Thanks Rob
The guy I bought it off says it must be XK , but we can’t ID it . The loop you note on the 140 is on the opposite side . I am trying to make it work on a 140 FHC RHD
Jim