Do you seek provenance with your cars?

wonder where this car…with Anita Ekbert is now?

1 Like

or this with Van Johnson…

1 Like

672654 clayrichmotorsFactoryGuarantee Oct10 52
appears to be 672654…Oct 10 1952…on delivery in N Carolina…with a Jaguar Factory Guarantee…where is 672654?

That’s an odd windscreen!

would be interesting …and maybe sad…provenance on this one…maybe no seat belt saved the day? Certainly no shoulder harnesses then…
nice view tho of exhaust.
Nick

Perhaps, but luck had more to do with it!

That’s why Dad immediately installed a lap belt and a stout roll bar in the Silverstone.

this was one of many photos being sold by Autolit walt miller I believe he had died and everything left locked up in upstate Syracuse NY.
The exhaust is not correct in that there is no muffler.

chassis number 675090 ?

the orientation of the entire car is not correct !
Nick

Anita Ekberg
Anita ekberg sitting centre (1)

Some have more luck than others, I was not that lucky…

My December '53 XK120 OTS was sold to Dr Warren Audrey, Dallas, TX. He passed away in 2002 before I obtained the car.
I tried to contact his family ( his son James is around, but he did not reply to any mails. One of the list members attempted to contact the son (a layer) , but without great success unfortunately.

The (almost) last owner (probably since mid 60ies was Paul Wise, Richard Childress Racing’s (RCR) and Dale Earnhardt’s fabrication shop manager in SC.
He kept the car in the barn (actually outside of the barn) until 2005 when he passed away.
The son was selling his father’s collection, once he passed away.

The car (when found in 2007) wore a 1968 South Carolina registration plate C35932

As found:

After first cleanup it looked like this:

The second cleanup was even more promissing:

Tadek

1 Like

If by chance anyone can help and contact the 1st owner’s son in Dallas, I think have his address In Kessler.

Tadek

Tadek;
I live about fifty miles southwest (and two counties over) from Dallas, Texas… I can try to
make a few a few phone calls for you…
There is a “Kessler Park” located in a North Oak Cliff neighborhood and this
area is noted as being “the most beautiful historic neighborhood” in the city of Dallas (Texas).
That said, there is a “Kessler” located in West Virginia in the county of Greenbrier.
Zap me an e-mail with the contact info (name, phone number, etc) and include as many
questions as you can think of that you’d like me to get answered…
Charles #677556.

Dr. Warren Audrey, the original owner of your 1953 XK120, very likely purchased the car from:

Clarence Talley Auto Company
2146 North Harwood
Dallas, Texas

This was the authorized Jaguar dealership in Dallas at that time.

Many thanks Charles - It’s Kessler in central Dallas. I will pm you the address I once fund on internet - it’s all I have and it might be wrong, too :frowning:

Mike,

The address indicated on the factory data was 106 Chestnut St, Gainesville, TX.

The address 106 South Chestnut St. was the location of Ivey-Menegay Motors (L D Ivey & G L Menegay) Authorized Dodge & Plymouth Sales & Services.
The car was probably sent from Hornburg, LA West Coast distributor to Clarence Talley Auto Company in Dallas, Texas. Clarence Talley Auto Company was the nearest franchised Jaguar dealeship to Gainsville, Texas at that time. Gainesville Dodge/Plymouth dealshipship did not have a Jaguar franchise - they may well have acted as agents for Clarence Talley Auto Company by delivering the car.

Tadek;
I did a “Google Search” and found that 106 S. Chestnut St, in Gainesville, Texas now appears to be the parking lot for the Cooke County Motor Vehicle office (titles & license plates), The Texas Department of Public Safety (our “Highway Patrol”) and the Cooke County Courthouse.
This “lot” is also about a half-dozen blocks east of U.S. Interstate 35…
Charles #677556.

Hi Charles, did you get my email I pm’ed you?

Tadek

Tadek;
No. I did not get a PM from you… …
Charles. Ch #677556