Does anyone need a 2.4 Short Block?

(Include at least one picture)

Description: 2.4 l block, crank, pistons, and rods to anyone who might be able to make use of this block. If you can come get it it’s yours. If you have a real interest, contact me and we can discuss.

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information: rosslobster@msn.com

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

Too far to ship/collect but I could use the engine mounts and possibly sump if you have photos?

Hi Peter,

I recognize your name a as a frequent contributor t the forum!

the Sump is Steel, FYI, but I can send pics when I get home this afternoon.

Ross

Ross Mackert Design
LLC
1500 Jackson St NE #195

Minneapolis MN 55413

952-237-3639

rosslobster@msn.com

Yes, but don’t let that put you off! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply. I’m in no rush. I fear your engine may be headed to the crusher, so although I don’t have a 2.4 I’m thinking of bits that might come in handy if I ever got one and wanted to transplant a bigger engine into it.

That is exactly why I have had the block sitting ( in the way) I’m my garage for so long. I can’t bear to see one get lost to the world. Even though the short stroke motors are not popular.

R

Ross Mackert Design
LLC
1500 Jackson St NE #195

Minneapolis MN 55413

952-237-3639

rosslobster@msn.com

Yes, I met a young guy with an XJS at a club tech session on Saturday and decided he should get my XJS spares because I’m not getting another one. He was so grateful but I’m guessing he’ll still have some of the parts in 20 years!

I’m finding it is actually a nice release to see stuff go and know it worked out better than tossing it, but there are some bits I’m sure aren’t going to find a taker and if an ad doesn’t tempt someone to a freebie there’s not much hope!

Pete