Does X300 have plastic wheel housings as extra?

Hi

I’m quite new to Jags, I wonder. Is it normal that my 1996 X300 has no wheel housings? You know these plastic arches that keep the mud away from the car?

I have none. Can I purchase 4 pcs from someplace? Ebay gave no good answers.
Maybe it’s my english. Wheel housings. Is this the correct term?

Thanks
M

we use the term “Mud Flaps”

were not standard fit to most cars

Hi

Mine has mudflaps behind the wheels. But the arches I’m referring to are big plastic ones that go into the wheel bay to keep the muck away from the cavities and elements UNDER the car.

Wheel arch liner is what you are thinking of.

1 Like

Oh! That gives some results. Not many offerings, but at least the rear item exists:

XJ8 have front wheel arch liners (but not rear)

Thought they were bigger than this!

https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?applicability=10908&brand=25&q=+Liner+front+wheelarch

Thanks a bunch! Exactly what I was looking for. A bit hard to understand if they are selling a set or what (there seems to be a lot of seals, screws etc related to this liner). But it is a good source!

Have a nice day!

Hello Martin - try searching using the term “inner fender” as this nomenclature is used also to describe the section, within the wheel wells, protecting the body part from the road elements - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 9/9/2020 0924hrs. EDT USA.