Does Your S3 A/C Use Fuse #8?

I’m troubleshooting my 1971 Series 3 2+2 FHC A/C, which doesn’t seem to have power as the fan and compressor don’t turn on when turning on the fan and temp switches. It worked great last summer. Anyway, my #8 fuse is marked (apparently by a P.O.) “A/C;” however, there is no powering wire connected to it, i.e., on the left side of the fuse. There is a Yellow wire connected to the right side.

What does yours have? My three wiring diagrams do not show #8 fuse being used. I just love these Jaguar electrics - not!

There’s an additional in-line fuse by the alternator which is the main AC fuse. It’s a push and twist kind of release fuse holder, which IMHO is a weak link due to the spring loading. I replaced mine with a modern type last week.

Yes, I am familiar with that in-line fuse and have replaced it - a pain to reach and twist. What I’m asking is does your A/C use Fuse #8 which the bottom right one behind the fold down dash. Mine is marked “A/C” but does not have a live feed. Thanks.

Ferman

704-236-5200 Mobile

704-374-1120 Home

704-236-5200 Mobile

704-374-1120 Home

I believe that fuse is only used for the rear glass heater on the 2+2, if you find differently I’d like to know.
pauls

Mine is the same. Unused and unmarked.
Fuse #8 seem to have been left unused for potential extra equipment.

My rear window defroster has an in-line fuse