Door lock solenoid?

My RHS front door is not locking and all the others go through multiple lock/unlock cycles until the “brain” decides its not going to lock and settles for 3 out of 4.

Possibly another glitch related to the extremely heavy rains here in CA lately, some locations reporting almost 300% of normal. Our new pres tells us we live in crime ridden cities so I would like to fix it, although I doubt anyone around here wants to steal a 20 yr old Jaguar. I have not removed the panel yet but suspect the solenoid, and would like to have one on hand before I do. I’m still looking for a source for these things, any helpful suggestions appreciated?

TIA
Griff

Griff what happens when you lock your X300 from the passengers side door?

Most likely cause is the door ajar switch sticking inside the lock mechanism. Try a squirt of silicon grease in there and exercise the lock a few times.

Jim

No difference there George.
Griff

Can you lock the door with the key? If you can lock the door with the key yet it does not lock the remainder of the veh. then t is as said the micro switch that does not recognize the action. My exp. is is it is the sol. the system would still lock as your action with the key replaces the action of the sol.

I have not looked at that yet Jim; but when I try to lock it manually there’s resistance and the rod springs back to the open position. I’m assuming the solenoid is frozen or the linkage is jammed up. Had the idea to use the solenoid from the fuel flap assuming its the same. Cannot find it’s PN or a replacement as yet.
Griff

Either way Richard the door card will have to come off. When you do it would be prudent to electrically check the switches just to be sure.

One other thing, make sure the flap in the ignition barrel is closing when you remove the key.
Jim