Door mirror positions

I have bought myself a pair of genuine pattern door mirrors for my S1. Can anyone tell me if there is a template or dimensioned location for the best position of the mirror bracket on the door? I have seen a couple about but foolishly never thought to take photos!

Thanks.

Frankie

Are you sure these don’t go on the front fenders? I’ve seen that installation on S1"s.
s1

Frankie,

depending on the year and the market it may well be that your SI car came without rearview mirrors ex-factory as they were not mandatory everywhere and so Jaguar left it to the dealers to install whatever was desired.

My own SII car had at least one original mirror (driver’s side) and the second one looks - albeit technically identical - somewhat younger. It is the kind of flimsy thing with a ball joint to adjust and it sits right behind the triangle window. I prefer the looks over the massive later SII/III mirrors.

Good luck

Jochen

75 XJ6L 4.2 auto (UK spec)

Hi Frankie, I have the original as fitted by dealer - a genuine English Tex. I bought one for the LHS - same NOS. Can send a photo of positioning if you would like - you just have to leave enough room to swing the vent window. Paul

The S1 parts manual lists options for both wing (fender) and door mirrors depending on the destination market - wing mirrors C20819 and door mirrors C30827. I did consider wing mirrors but my arms aren’t long enough to make the adjustments from the drivers seat! The door mirror option is much like Jochens photo. A “straight on” photo of your original dealer fitted mirror would be a great help Paul - thanks.

Frankie

Hi Frankie, here’s the driver’s side mirror - just clears the vent window at my preferred position. Good luck, Paul

Thanks Paul - just what I needed.

F