Door window guide runners inserts

My 1983 XJS has a lot of air noise coming from the rear portion my door window runner. It is mostly just because it is old and brittle. I need both sides actually but I can’t find anyone that sells it. Maybe and aftermarket item? I am not sure what this part is called but it seals the front, back and top part of the window when the window is up.

Any help?

Thanks

Russ

Not sure about your neck of the woods but over here it is available by the metre or the roll. Google rubber extrusions and you should get a few hits. Different sizes available.
Proper name is Bailey channel.

Proper name is Bailey channel.

We all have the wealth of the world’s knowledge at our fingertips these days,
but it’s all for naught if you don’t know what the $%^&* thing is CALLED! A
“Bailey channel”! Anybody else ever heard of that? Who’da thunk it?

– Kirbert

1 Like

I must add to my post Kirbert that on googling “bailey channel” l had multiple hits but l noticed all were .au sites.
This may be because of the system knowing my location or it may be because that name is just an Australian term.
You might get different result from your location. I am curious to know.

Excuse me for not knowing all like you seem to Kirbert. The Jaguar part number the *&^$%@ thing is BD 46041 and is called a glass run channel. I would have looked up Beetle Bailey before I would have thought of “Bailey Channel” ffs.

Who would figure that Kirbert knew everything! Knowledge of one thing, British cars does not make you Stephen Hawking!!! Temper your answers please. Bullwinkles character Mr. Know-it-all knows more than you do and is way more polite. I now know what the piece is called now but the Jaguar parts book does not call it that.

I will be asking more about this stuff as I move forward on my car. Attitude is something that I hold back because you certainly have given me cause to respond in like manner.

Russ

I must add to my post Kirbert that on googling “bailey channel” l had
multiple hits but l noticed all were .au sites.

Hah! Ran the search from here in Florida, came up with multiple hits – all
.au sites!

– Kirbert

Russ . . .
Please excuse me if I’m butting in where I’m not wanted, but I think if you go back and read Kirbert’s post again you will see that he didn’t know what it was called either. That Bailey Channel was as much a surprise to him as it was to the rest of us.
My experience over the past 5 or so years is that Kirbert is very knowledgeable about our cars and always gives his insight and advice freely to all.

1 Like

Indeed Russ… I think you misread something there…

I believe the runners are a discontinued item. They are quite long, dipping down to the bottom of the door. Coventry West in the US wanted $100 a side. If you can find somebody parting their car, they should pull out, or spray silicone

Yep, SNG Barratt and Terri’s Jag both have the bits ur looking for. If its wind noise, and the window isn’t flopping around, look at the velvety trim around the door casing. It’s a wind barrier, don’t know what’s called though.

My first go was recovering the metal clippy thingy with velvet from the fabric store, what a Pfaff. Then i swallowed my pride and purchased it from SNG Barratt, then Terry’s Jag for the XJ6

Window waist seal l think.

Yep, that’s what it is called Jagbits.com also has it. Part # BD46440-1X

Thank you Baxter