Driven like they should be

3 Likes

I remind everyone that this was before the era of smartphones and GoPros. That car had a big honkin’ camera mounted in it.

Yes!!! I could almost feel myself behind the wheel :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Great video

Arguably one of the reasons I fell in love with the XJ-S. I sort of wanted to build a street version of that car. Bigger tires, wheels, better exhaust, less restriction in the V-12. The journey continues….

I have the book written by Allan Scott, the Kiwi behind the engineering of these engines, a fascinating read on what they did ‘Legally’ to enhance the performance and range of the cars for Bathurst. (Cutting open the exhaust headers to create a set of extractors that looked stock)

Haulin… a… one way to put it…

What were the other cars doing on the same track as this much faster Jag!!!

What were the other cars doing on the same track as this much faster Jag!!!

Moving out of the way!

There were a couple of different classes, including an under-2-litre. In later years the big cars were eliminated and the James Hardie 1000 was only for the under-2-litre cars.

Other way round, only V8’s Holdens and Fords, later they introduced Nissan’s and Mercs

Even though i could downshift by hand at 60mph, getting my kickdown switch working makes it easier/quicker! Just a bit more foot, and within a few seconds i was doing 100mph! (Hands on wheel the whole time.). Was also nice to have it shift back to 3rd when i let up.

These cars really do perform well at high speeds.

2 Likes