Driven Man 5 speed

I was at a Jaguar club event on Saturday and overheard a conversation about the availability of 5 speed.
Driven Man website states “in stock”
Glenn

Still on the fence…issues not worked out yet.
gtjoey1314

The Driven Man box, while getting some support complaints over the years, is the ONLY box I’m aware of that has been around continuously for ~20 years. Nearly all the others have come and gone. JT5 seems perhaps the best, but has not available for several years now. Seems like all the other “ultimate 5-speeds” (and there have been a TON of them making this claim!) all either disappeared not long after introduction, or are crazy expensive and/or not available to the public.

Input shaft
5th gear rattle location
And bushings instead of bearings are the issue right now
Stay tuned

I’ve heard about input shaft issues with the Driven Man which is why I did t choose it.

gtjoey, I went to the Driven Man website and their E type 5 speed looks really good and I’m very tempted to pull the plug and get one. But I’m concerned about your comments regarding a 5th gear rattle and bushing instead of bearings. Do you have any more information regarding where the bushings are used and why the 5th gear causes a gear lever rattle.

I’d love to get as much information as I can before buying one.

Thanks Andy 69 FHC.

Andy, There have been a bunch of us waiting on the fence…
PM me if you would like some more info.
Thanks
gtjoey1314

I’ve had a Driven Man tremec tranny in my car now for seven years and have not experienced any unusual rattles or other. I love it especially on the freeways. The rear is the standard 3.54.

Your on the edge my friend
It has to do with the tail housing and cheaper internal bearings and short main shafts
Good luck with your and enjoy
My red car is from 15 years ago another bullet proof 5 speed
The issue is the last 3 or 4 years with parts suppliers
Gtjoey13-4

“I’ve had a Driven Man tremec tranny in my car now for seven years and have not experienced any unusual rattles or other. I love it especially on the freeways. The rear is the standard 3.54”
What ratio is 5th?
LLoyd

It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see.
Henry David Thoreau

Actually I don’t know…if they told me, I long forgot. It wasn’t put in by me but by

British Automotive repair in Scottsdale. .and I probably didn’t ask. Possibly could figure it

out if I measured. Last I recall, the rpm’s would be around 2400 rpm @ 65mph.

Mike Harris

480-388-0288