Driver Door locking me in

My Driver Door will not allow me to open it from the inside. I can turn the Motor off, pull the Key out and the Ignition and I can let the window go down and I reach out of Door to the outside Handle and open the Door. No, It’s not a Cable because it takes a spell of working just fine. I took the latch asy. apart last week and all looks good. I think it’s something to do with the Security System?

I posted about this same issue a short time ago. Mine would only unlock using the key fob (which appeared to mean I was screwed if the fob or fob battery went bad while I was in my car! :flushed:). Only difference between our issues is my door will NOT let me open it from the outside (not sure how yours is doing it if it is still “locked” ?). Bob recommended a temporary “solution” that works for me, too, by instead being sure to hit the unlock button on the dash before getting out. :smile: Be sure your key is turned to “position II” though in the ignition when you do that or it won’t work. Someone else posted a second solution that worked for them in response to my original post, but that particular solution wouldn’t work on Harlem, for some reason.

Thanks for your reply but my FOB works good and the on dash switch doesn’t unlock it. It will unlock the other doors, I have had it to temporarily work for a couple stops but that’s it.

Someone mentioned a Microswitch in the Door Latch… what do you think?

IIRC, the microswitch comes into play when you go to lock/unlock the door using the key. Turning the key “open” causes the microswitch to activate the door relay(s) to unlock the doors and vice-versa. If it gets dodgy it can also cause problems with activating/deactivating the car’s alarm system. With Scrapper, my '95 X-300, I would go to unlock the driver’s door with my key and suddenly the alarm would go off, to no end. :rage:

If all the other doors work OK I would check out the module in the drivers door.

They are nno longer available so try Ebay for the module.

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/part/LNG2120AB

The X300 is supposed to beep for 30 seconds before setting the alarm off
proper. The beeping should stop after putting the key into the ignition
switch allowing the key transponder to be read.

HTH
Chris C

attydallas3 wrote:

Could I disarm something to find out exactly where the problem

Are you sure on the X-300s? I didn’t think we had any transponder (chip) in our Tibbe keys. ? :confused: But I do know the way to shut it off is to insert the key in the ignition and turn it on and off rapidly several times in succession. Sometimes though even that action would not shut the alarm off. IIRC, i pulled a fuse or relay, disabling the alarm system permanently.

well, mine have :slight_smile:

Look carefully at the top of the key on one side, just clear of the key
ring slot, there should be a U shaped insert.

see here after scrolling down a bit:

https://tinyurl.com/yd3byh64

Chric C

attydallas3 wrote: