Drivers seat Mk10: worn springs

How do I fix this? I sit down and sink far too low as the springs dont hold up

You’ll need to replace any broken springs, and also check that the jute and/or Calico layer(s) which spread the point forces where the springs meet the foam.

Your foam may also be shot.

Iirc the spring and frame construction is similar to the S-Type:

I wish there was a foam product which could be evenly inserted into the full area seen on the picture. Of suitable firmness and lots of it!
I bet that this is one area where Jaguar took shortcuts, and that RR seats, of the same age and mileage, have not sagged as much.
It+s the same on my 3 rear Mk10 seat cushions, and they have hardly been used. As if the springs deteriorate with age…

I stuffed high density foam into the springs from underneath. It firmed up the seat - probably a little too much in the end. It is however simple and easily reversable if it doesn’t work for you.

I then got a tip from someone. Take off the cover ( carefully it will be dry…) and place a vinyl carpet tile under the foam squab. I would suggest you replace this while you are there. It is likely shot and will come to pieces anyway. This spreads he load of your derrier across the whole set of springs. Worked charm.

Cheers.
Dave

I am with you 100% on the 1”x1” thick foam bits (I made them about 6-7” long), which I puleed/pushed in, through the springs.
The next trick sounds very good but are you talking about thr top, just under the leather, or the bottom, underneath the spring section?